company that is on the leading edge, they are seeking individuals with a similar mindset who enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
**Candidates with flexible schedules encouraged to apply, as the need is for 1-2 days per week (~8-16 hours a week) with on call requirements.
- The Laboratory Safety Officer will play a key role in ensuring all projects comply with local, state, and federal health and safety guidelines and procedures.
- As Safety Officer, you are well-versed in safe practices and understand and can advise lab management on legal responsibilities with respect to the health and safety of its employees.
- You will ensure the safety of all employees, make sure all projects are up to code, and provide advice and recommendations for safety improvements.
This will be achieved by your diligent application to the following services:
- Write policy and procedures to meet safety code compliance for lab
- Annual review and updating of all safety policy and procedure documents
- Provide safety orientation for all new employees
- Handle all safety and compliance regulatory filings with City, County and State jurisdictions for safety, hazardous waste, and hazardous materials
- Develop and present safety and regulatory training
- Advise on regulatory compliance for lab and all departments
- Take part in monthly ops meetings
- Take part in QA meetings
- Take part in all regulatory inspections for the lab
- Assess lab frequently for hazards
- Ensure safety equipment is maintained according to requirements (eye wash, fire extinguishers, showers, etc.)
- Provide advice and answer questions regarding treatment of hazardous and medical waste
- Work with medical and hazardous waste haulers regarding needs and pick up
- Develop the hazardous waste stream identifications documents
- Interact with employee on safety issues, employee compliance with lab standards and questions
- Assess ergonomic exposures and provide solutions to lab and workstation ergonomics
- Provide proactive advice to managers and employees to prevent accidents
- BS with 9+ years of experience, or MS degree with 7+ years of lab management experience at public health laboratory or similar institution
- Familiarity with laboratory safety and housekeeping practices
- Hands-on and fluent with basic lab equipment
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit – As the industry leader, they are continually innovating and breaking new ground
- Dynamic environment – Expect new challenges and make an impact every day
- Personal development – Always opportunities to learn and grow
- Generous benefits – Medical, PTO Policy and Company 401K match
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.