Are you tired of working for companies that limit your growth, don't present you with enough opportunity, and have long stopped being entrepreneurial in their thinking?
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a top-notch independent reference laboratory located in Pensacola, FL, with an immediate opening for a Laboratory Sales Representative. The position will call on customers primarily in the physician office and nursing home markets. This laboratory runs about 100 samples a day and has a core lab including chemistry and hematology departments.
We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with a background in the clinical laboratory industry and a desire to work for a fast-paced organization. In addition to exceptional customer service, a high level of technical expertise and entrepreneurial selling skills, you must have a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude.
The Laboratory Sales Representative should be experienced and fully capable of providing technical expertise and consultation to each of the various disciplines found within the clinical laboratory setting.
Other job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Creating product cross-references, account savings proposals, and sales presentations representing laboratory portfolio
– Presenting the features, benefits, and savings proposals of various laboratory products and services to multiple decision makers
– Calling on physician offices and nursing homes within the assigned territory in conjunction with sales representatives to expand the sales of core laboratory products
– Leading and participating in all customer product trials, evaluations, implementations, and in-services as necessary
– Following up with the customers and sales reps when evaluations/implementations are completed to assure satisfaction and full conversion compliance
– Representing the company as the Laboratory product expert within the assigned territory
Laboratory Sales Representatives are expected to collaborate with various customer stakeholders (including Hospital Administrators, Lab Directors, Managers, and Supervisors), representatives from the laboratory manufacturing community, as well as a variety of other corporate and field-based employees. Including:
– Maintaining business channels through regular customer call cycle
– Assisting sales reps with questions via email, phone calls or in-person
– Participating with product division on overall product strategy, competitive analyses, research and development requirements as well as other duties as assigned
– Knowledge of laboratory workflow in each clinical discipline including SOPs, best practices and guidelines set forth by CLIA, COLA, CAP and Joint Commission is required
– Technical understanding of current laboratory technologies within rapid diagnostics, hematology, chemistry, immunoassay, molecular diagnostic product categories and histology/cytology is required
– Familiarity with various procedures, testing protocols, and day-to-day dynamics of each laboratory discipline within the hospital setting is required
– Bachelor's degree required, scientific concentration highly preferred
– At least 1+ years sales experience specific to acute care laboratory market
– Manufacturer experience highly preferred
– Distribution experience highly preferred
– Experience presenting to various levels of management
– Willing to travel up to 80% of the time
– Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
– Experience utilizing CRM tools
Benefits and Salary:
– $60k plus commission
– Full benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KW Job ID #13170