Lighthouse Lab Services is excited to represent a laboratory near Richmond, Virginia, that is looking for a Laboratory Scientist to add to their team! Come work in our growing laboratory with our trained staff with the latest technology. Our services are performed with the utmost care, expertise, integrity and respect for the patient.
*5K Sign on Bonus*
The schedule for this position will be:
Monday through Friday- Day Shift
We also have 10 hour and 12 hour shifts available, upon request!
• Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
• Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
• Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
• Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
• Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
• Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
• Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
• Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
• Assist with processing of specimens when needed
• Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
• Certified as a Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent, or Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) by the National Credentialing Agency (NCA) or equivalent ASCP Specialty or Categorical certification.
• Minimum of one (1) year of clinical work experience as a Medical Technologist.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (BSCLS) from an accredited program… OR a Bachelor's Degree in a Biological Science* in addition to graduation from an NAACLS-accredited CLS/MT certificate program… OR a Bachelor’s Degree in a Biological Science with 5 or more years of on the job training in a hospital health care environment in a specific lab discipline performing high complexity testing in blood banking, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, immunology and clinical microscopy (categorical or generalist certification required).
• ASCP or AMT certification is required
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
• High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
• Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
• Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Paid Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities.
If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-974-1929 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BW Job ID #15651