Scope of Work:
The laboratory scientist is critical to the overall functioning of the laboratory and for the acquisition of sound scientific results; the analytical process relies on the appropriate preparation of samples. The scientist is empowered to ensure all samples are received in appropriate manner, are correctly processed into the system, and properly prepared for microbial and chemical analyses. The scientist is tasked to provide leadership through mentorship and collaboration. Professional integrity, customer confidentiality, and laboratory confidentiality must be held to the highest caliber.
This position affords opportunity to develop skills and expertise by requiring additional tasks, multi-tasking, and time-management to prepare the employee for more advanced laboratory and management positions.
Employee must be at least 21 years of age.
Education & Experience:
(1) BA/BS and 2-years prior paid laboratory experience; or
(2) MA/MS and no prior laboratory experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Policies and Procedures:
· Learn and apply the quality management system which is in accord with ISO/IEC 17025 and state regulatory requirements.
· Must demonstrate competence prior to independently performing any job duty.
· Maintain a safe environment in which employees are protected from physical, chemical and biological hazards.
· Must demonstrate competence for all Laboratory Analyst I, II, III duties within 60 days of start date.
· Prepare working standards, calibration and QC standards for chemical analyses
· Perform instrument maintenance, as assigned
· Perform sample preparation for all method
· Perform data analysis and review for some test methods
· Ensure instruments are verified as fit for use following any/all routine or non-routine service.
· Review all data/log entries created by Analysts
· Assist in technical document generation
· May assist with customer service queries and investigations
· Mentor Analysts as assigned
· Directly train Analysts and ensure their competence to perform designated duties
· Maintain appropriate technical and managerial records
· Performs other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work is performed in a laboratory environment and may require use of personal protection equipment to limit exposure to chemicals or other hazards found within a laboratory environment.
· There are frequent contacts and interruptions during the day.
· The work environment will expose employee to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
· The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
· For security purposes there are cameras located throughout the laboratory except in restrooms and change rooms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
· The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com