Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of laboratory personnel. Currently, we are working with a laboratory near Richmond, VA and we are seeking a Senior Hematology Laboratory Scientist to join our team where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality medical laboratory services. Come work in our laboratory with our trained staff with the latest technology. Our services are performed with the utmost care, expertise, integrity and respect for the patient.
*5K Sign on Bonus*
The schedule for this position will be:
Monday through Friday- Day Shift, Evening Shift, and Night Shift
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical work experience as a Medical Technologist. (Depending on the laboratory assignment, work experience requirement may be specific to a particular specialty areas such as Microbiology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Transfusion Medicine, Clinical Chemistry, Toxicology, etc.)
- Certified as a Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) by the National Credentialing Agency (NCA) or equivalent ASCP Specialty or Categorical certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (BSCLS) from an accredited program… OR a Bachelor's Degree in a Biological Science* in addition to graduation from an NAACLS-accredited CLS/MT certificate program… OR Bachelor’s Degree in a Biological Science with 8 or more years of on the job training in a hospital health care environment in a specific lab discipline performing high complexity testing in blood banking, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, immunology and clinical microscopy (categorical or generalist certification required).
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Paid Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories. It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-974-1929 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BW Job ID #15663