Are you looking for an amazing leadership opportunity in a company that values employees and their professional growth? We are representing a publicly traded company in Wisconsin who's seeking laboratory sample processing supervisors to join their team on multiple shifts The Accessioning Manager directs and supervises the activities of the accessioning department’s personnel (10-15 people).
This is an excellent opportunity for a process-minded candidate with prior management experience to put their skills to the test and earn a great wage while working for an award-winning lab with great morale and very low turnover. Because of the incredible growth of the lab, we have multiple positions open on several different shifts.
–2nd shift Tues – Fri
-2nd shift Sat – Tues
-3rd shift Tues – Fri
-1st shift 6am – 230pm Tues – Sat
-1st shift 930am – 6pm Tues – Sat
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
– Provide leadership and supervise/manage the Accessioning department, make decisions, solve problems, develop and document procedures, and conduct and attend meetings. Only about 20% of the time involves benchwork.
– Manage the employee hiring process including interviewing prospective employees, developing performance expectations, and updating job descriptions by identifying essential functions, knowledge, skills and abilities required for applicable positions.
– Manage employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis. Implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with Human Resources.
– Ensure effective employee relations by sustaining an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment and establishing effective communication lines and methods. Identify and solve employee problems, manage conflict, and respond to grievances as needed.
– Conceptualize, develop and implement effective plans and programs for accessioning department; including technical, personnel, facilities, management, and quality assurance.
-Innovate by continuously improving the department’s processes and procedures. Continuously monitor and evaluate departmental operations and workflow, identify problems and utilize good problem solving skills to make changes as needed.
-Give plant tours to new and perspective employees – they’re growing!
– Review all accessioning errors and counsel and/or retrain employees as needed.
– Maintain acceptable turnaround time of specimen accessioning.
-Minimum high school diploma or general ed degree
-3+ years of work experience in a laboratory or similar environment (i.e. maintaining sample integrity, following procedures and protocols, sample collection/handling)
-1+years of experience leading or managing people
Salary and Benefits:
-$5,000 Sign-On bonus
– Competitive base salary + 10% bonus
-Company stock upon hire
– Health, Vision, Dental, gym membership reimbursement
– 401k retirement plan
– PTO, Holidays
-A month’s vacation, generous family leave policies, volunteer time off
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TR Job ID: 11196