Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of Molecular Lab Scientists across the country. We are currently looking for a Molecular Lab Supervisor to join a growing, start-up laboratory near Sunnyvale, CA. The Lab Supervisor will be responsible for directing the day to day activities of laboratory personnel and overseeing adherence to procedures and best practices in order to achieve safe operations that meet the quality and volume operational requirements.
This critical position will also assist the Laboratory Operations Director in the safe and rapid start-up of the labs and validation testing, staffing, training of new associates, CLIA and FDA regulatory approvals, and implementation of a robust quality management system.
The Laboratory Supervisor will actively recommend process improvements, protocols, and drive implementation of improvements.
The Laboratory Supervisor will participate in coaching and training laboratory technicians to assure full compliance with regulations, to ensure that the testing process quality is of the highest standards, and to enhance the reputation of the company and the university.
• Drive daily a culture of safety in laboratory operations
• Establish a respectful and inclusive work environment
• S/he will ensure direct report comply with BSL-2 working procedures and standards
• Assist in developing test workflows that are repeatable, relatively easy to use and rigorous
• Assure the implementation of a Quality Management System is effective and that operational risk is always low
• Ensure operational targets are met and that clear corrective action plans are developed and implemented
• Maintain operations within budget
• Assist in professional development of staff, ensuring the retention of high-quality staff and the rapid ramp up of staff toward 10k tests per day for each movable unit
• Execute training consistent with the requirement of repeatability, minimizing risk of error that could threaten patient results, lab safety or organization reputation
• California Licensed Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Generalist or specialized in Microbiology.
• Master's degree in clinical laboratory science, medical technology or chemical, physical or biological science and 1 year training and experience in high-complexity testing; OR Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science, medical technology or chemical, physical or biological science and 1 year training and experience in high-complexity testing; OR Associate degree in medical laboratory technology (or pulmonary function) and 2 years clinical laboratory experience.
• Experience undergoing FDA and CLIA approval audits
• Experience with Reverse Transcriptase quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction diagnostics and experience working in a BSL-2 environment
• Prior experience managing lab personnel
• Proven history as a collaborator and someone who drives toward results, working through obstacles aggressively while setting the right example for the employees and university
About Us: At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.