The laboratory supervisor is responsible for managing all aspects of clinical section of the lab, ensuring that each of the staff under his/her supervision follows the proper protocols of the alb. Thus, ensuring accurate and precise reporting of patients results in a timely fashion.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
– Be always alert and aware to ensure safety, accuracy, and efficiency.
– Overview of the laboratory upon arrival, which should include communicating with the evening supervisor/manager and getting an update about the status of the lab, reading the communication log, and review anything that requires immediate attention or any other issues which need to be resolved.
– Review the status of the pending STATS or critical results not called yet.
– Scheduling tasks and rotating staff in different departments.
– Training staff and in case any of the staff member needs retraining, inform Laboratory Manager to arrange the retraining schedule.
– During each shift supervisor should keep a visual check on and ongoing working process from time to time and resolving the issues if any pops up during the shift.
– Ensure that at least one instrument is always available for STATS testing.
– Ensure if any of the instruments in not ready to use a place a sign is placed on the instrument “NOT READY TO USE”
– Make sure technician at the chemistry station is reviewing patient results on a regular basis on CentraLink (individual login and passwords should be used while working on CentraLink).
– Mare sure all daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance is performed on schedule and all maintenance is documented.
– Ensure reagent log in all departments are maintained and open expiry date should be placed on all open reagents, QC, and calibration materials.
– WUD maintenance on all instruments should be monitored on a daily basis
– Complete supervisor review form
– Complete and use communication log on a regular basis before leaving lab
– Provide quality assurance, quality control, and proficiency testing functions to meet all regulatory and accreditation standards.
– Tabulates statistical data.
– Ensures critical values are communicated.
– Provide direction by communicating with staff.
– Create a cohesive environment and promote teamwork within the department.
– Maintain and troubleshoot instruments.
– Develop and update departmental policies and procedures.
– Ensure safety standards and proper work habits are enforced.
– Act as working manager that requires a physical presence in the laboratory.
– Manage multiple projects concurrently and set priorities in a fast-changing, results-oriented environment.
– Ensure timely review, release, and printing of client reports.
– Evaluate quality of administration so performance standards are maintained for reporting test results, documenting validity, reliability, accuracy, precision, and performance characteristics of each test and each test system.
– Ensure remedial action is taken promptly when test do not perform to specification.
– Conduct self in and appropriate, professional manner and communicate timely with management and clients.
– Directs compliance of regulation standards and changes in test procedures.
– Coordinate company objectives with CLIA standards and establish lab priorities.
– Represent company for regulatory agencies such as CLIA, and CAP, including responsibility for regulatory inspections.
Required Education and Experience:
– BS or commensurate experience
– Must have a New York State (NYS) certification in Clinical Laboratory Technology
– Certification as an MLT or MT from a nationally accredited organization.
– Minimum of 6 years laboratory experience with a strong base in technical knowledge of concepts, principles, practices, methodologies, and instrumentation of each discipline of laboratory science and technology in performing complex analytical analysis.
– Prior supervisory experience in a laboratory setting, preferred.
– Strong organizational and complex problem-solving skills.
– Dependable with a strong work ethic, initiative, flexibility, and innovative thinking.
– Accuracy with exceptional attention to detail with the ability to look at the broader picture.
– Ability to institute continuous quality improvement principles to produce the best possible laboratory data.
– Prior experience in a leadership position for CAP inspections and laboratory compliance, preferred.
– Excellent communications skills – written, verbal, and listening.
– Strong computer skills.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602
#JY Job ID: 13145