Hey Beantown, we know you’re special because you had the first subway, chocolate factory, and Dunkin’ Donuts but having great jobs is a pretty cool thing, too! If you’re looking to expand your career in an amazing workplace, we have it!
Lighthouse Lab Services is seeking a Lab Supervisor for a part-time weekend shift. This is for a COVID-19 testing laboratory and at a prominent university. This lab is under an important initiative to expand COVID clinical testing capabilities. The Laboratory Supervisor will manage complex molecular procedures and contribute to the evaluation and implementation of cutting-edge technologies. This individual will manage the lab team, perform ongoing supervisory functions, and complex molecular procedures. The Lab Supervisor will oversee a team of three Medical Technologists and three Lab Technologists (six staff total).
For more about this exciting opportunity, READ ON!
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for training new technologists on the proper use of the facility, administrative and operational procedures, and day-to-day logistics. Serves as the primary manager in the day-to-day and on-going competency assessments of staff.
- Supervise and manage staff and handle personnel issues, including the hiring/termination, development, and performance management of lab staff. Schedule and manage resources to meet department goals and ensure the sustainability of the unit as the laboratory evolves and expands.
- Oversee and assist in duties of a Medical Laboratory Technologist, including specimen handling, processing, testing and result reporting according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
- Independently perform and document appropriate quality control, instrument preventative maintenance, and function checks. Troubleshoot and follow up on any problems/issues.
- Serve as the primary contact in day-to-day logistics as well as team issues or concerns
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures when the laboratory’s test systems are not within established acceptable levels of performance. Perform and review investigations of non-conforming events and documentation of corrective actions based on laboratory guidelines.
- Collaborates in maintaining a robust quality management program through evaluation of quality data and implementation of continuous quality improvement initiatives in the laboratory.
- Follow the laboratory’s safety protocols in adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient information in accordance with HIPAA.
- Participate in government or regulatory agency inspections.
- Collaborates with other departments and clients regarding inquiries and test results as appropriate.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Have a bachelor's degree in medical laboratory science and three years of pertinent full-time laboratory experience OR a bachelor's degree in chemical, physical or biological science, and four years of pertinent full-time laboratory experience.
- One-year prior supervisory experience preferred.
- ASCP certification preferred.
- Molecular Lab experience a plus.
Salary, Shift, & Benefits
- Weekends (10 am – 7 pm Sat & Sun).
- Competitive pay (based on experience).
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK Job #14055