Laboratory Supervisor, Blood Bank
Waynesboro, VA · Job ID: 10020 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Lighthouse Recruiting is representing well-established hospital lab that is looking for a Blood Bank Laboratory Supervisor to join their team near the Waynesboro, VA area. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to take the next step in their careers by joining a hospital network that has an excellent work environment.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assures the development, coordination, implementation and standardization of all policies, procedures, and practices Blood Bank operations
- Provides services to meet all patient needs in accordance with accepted standards and practices.
- Supervises the performance of procedures to obtain and provide data and blood products for use in patient diagnosis and treatment including but not limited to:
- Procedures necessary to assure compatible blood for patients (e.g. blood typing, antibody screening and identification, crossmatching, etc.)
- Oversees the preparation and dispensing of blood products for transfusion
- Oversees the performance of serologic testing for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease
- Keeps current with and follows all Q.C. and instrument calibration policies and procedure
- Helps perform instrument troubleshooting as necessary and preventive maintenance as scheduled as necessitated
- Oversees the accurate transcription of completed test data for reporting
- Create and maintain employee scheduling in accordance with contract language
- Orients and trains staff and evaluates work performance, according to the guidelines established for the department to determine employee competence
- Serves as a technical reference in for blood bank and hospital staff
Basic Preferred Profile:
- BS/BA in Medical Technology, Laboratory Science, or related.
- ASCP certification required. SBB preferred.
- 5+ years of Blood Bank experience.
- Prior Supervisory experience preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Relocation assistance available
- Full benefits package
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BH Job ID: 10020