Does winter in the big apple have you feeling blue? Let's face it – the winters are freezing cold, the concrete and steel are bleak, and if you spend too much time in Manhattan, you might not even see the sun for days on end. What if I told you that there's an answer?
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a top-notch hospital located on the Hudson and just a 90-minute train ride from Midtown Manhattan. This hospital is seeking a lab supervisor for its night shift – but when you're not working this location offers a different way of life from the big city. If spending your weekends enjoying hiking, breweries, and pleasant afternoons sounds good to you, you should definitely keep reading.
In this position, you would supervise the core lab on the night shift (11pm-7am) or evening shift (3 pm-11pm) at a hospital near Beacon, NY where you will be a vital piece of the patient care puzzle. Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing and/or assisting in performing all assigned testing of specimens and operating various instruments as part of that
- Training lab interns and students on the various instruments and assists chemistry supervisor in teaching them policies and protocol.
- Logging, entering, verifying and validating all requisite data in the computerized clinical system or on manual records. Recording and reporting abnormal findings ("panic values") to respective clinical units.
- Completing all documentation and logs all information in accordance with set procedures. Communicates culture/test results to appropriate clinicians.
- Performing ongoing daily quality assurance/CQI functions in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure safety, environmental and infection control and compliance with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
If this all sounds appealing to you, and you fit the below-preferred profile, we'd love to hear from you!
Basic Preferred Profile:
- Bachelor's degree in chemical, physical, or biological science
- 6+ years of laboratory testing experience
- 1+ year of prior supervisory experience
- NYS License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist (CLT)
- MT/MLS(ASCP) Preferred but not required
Compensation and Benefits:
- 80k-88k annually based on experience
- Health, Vision & Dental
- Generous Retirement Savings
- PTO and Sick Leave
- Additional Misc. Benefits
- Potential for sign-on bonus / relocation
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DM Job ID: 10457