Laboratory Technical Supervisor, Core Lab
Aberdeen, WA · Job ID: 9670 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Are you looking for a clinical lab position that will allow you to live in one of the most beautiful areas of the country while making a real difference in people's lives? We are representing a small, employee-first hospital near Aberdeen, Washington that is hiring a Laboratory Technical Supervisor to join the team. This is a community hospital that prides itself on offering access to as many patients as possible on the beautiful Pacific Northwest Coast.
The Technical Supervisor is responsible for the technical and scientific oversight of the laboratory department including Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Transfusion Services, Microbiology, and Specimen Processing. Under the general direction of the Administrative Laboratory Director and in conjunction with the Pathologist, is responsible for the following:
- Direct supervision of the laboratory team
- Technical supervision and organizes workflow
- Serves as a technical resource for the team and resolves instrument issues
- Staff scheduling and electronic time records management
- Inventory management
- Maintains technical procedures
- Assure proper personnel credentials and certifications
- Conducts staff training, education and annual competencies
- Distribution, submission and review of proficiency testing
- Daily quality review in accordance to all applicable CLIA regulations
- Test method validations & periodic verifications (AMR)
- Quality and equipment maintenance documentation
- Department and organizational incident monitoring documentation
- Assists in maintenance and development of the laboratory computer system.
- Assumes leadership in the absence of respective laboratory director and maintains competency to work various technical shifts if needed
Basic Preferred Profile:
- A baccalaureate degree in the clinical laboratory sciences from an accredited college or university. Completion of a Clinical & Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) accredited clinical laboratory science training program, or equivalent.
- A nationally recognized certification (e.g. ASCP). Other equivalencies in education and certification acceptable to federal (CLIA) and state regulations will be considered on an individual basis.
- Must meet CLIA requirements for Technical Supervisor.
- Meets or exceeds established organizational Leadership Core Competencies and Gold Standards of Performance.
- 5 years of experience in a clinical laboratory including 3 years in a management or supervisory role
- Laboratory Information System (LIS) experience
- ASCP certification
Salary and Benefits:
- Health, Vision, and Dental
- PTO and Vacation
- Retirement including company match
- Addt'l misc. benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job #: 9670