Good: Boston Baked Beans, Boston Tea Party, Boston Cream Pie, Boston Terrier.
Better: Boston — Great employment opportunities.
Lighthouse Lab Services is partnered with a Molecular Laboratory just outside Boston (Watertown, MA) seeking a Laboratory Technician to perform clinical testing according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
If you’re passionate about the lab testing industry, a true team player focused on a collaborative work environment, and looking for a job you actually enjoy – Read on!
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform specimen handling and processing according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
- Operate laboratory instrumentation and prepare reagents under the supervision of a medical technologist.
- Perform and document appropriate quality control, instrument preventative maintenance and function checks.
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures when the laboratory’s test systems are not within established acceptable levels of performance. Document corrective actions based on laboratory guidelines.
- Follow the laboratory’s safety protocols in adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Perform other duties as directed by manager.
- College background or equivalent work experience, preferably in a related discipline. Related work experience (relevant course work may count towards experience) is preferred.
- New Grads Welcome
- Comfortable handling biological specimens
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong data entry skills
- Attention to detail
- Skilled in balancing multiple job duties and priorities in a busy work environment; Able to perform and complete assigned tasks to meet laboratory needs
- Appropriate communications skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Salary, Benefits, Schedule:
- Very competitive salary.
- 1st and mid-shift staff needed.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK Job #14743