A laboratory in Charleston, West Virginia area is looking for a Laboratory Technologist to join their team. In this role you will run analyzers and assist as needed on the LCMS. This position offers the opportunity to train in LCMS testing as well and offers room for growth. The selected candidate will also be responsible for troubleshooting all equipment and providing basic equipment maintenance.
You'll be responsible for the receipt, organization, and testing, as assigned, of daily patient specimens, as well as first level instrument maintenance and troubleshooting with the support of laboratory staff, and under the supervision of the Laboratory Director.
The laboratory technologist will adhere to protocols and quality measures while performing sample preparation and operating laboratory instrumentation.
The Role You'll Play
- Perform production workflow as described in standard operating procedures;
- Perform sample receiving, preparation, and accessioning as described in standard operating procedures;
- Maintain laboratory documentation;
- Complete projects, other tasks, and assignments as directed by management;
- Manage laboratory inventory and order additional supplies as needed and in compliance with process instructions from managers;
- Work to ensure process is compliant with the lab’s standard operating procedures as well as relevant laws, rules, and regulations applicable to the laboratory
- Proactively promotes client satisfaction
- Leading the tracking and completion of projects as directed
- Completes all administration duties
- Works independently and as part of team
- Completes mandatory training and professional development as required or requested.
- Attends company meetings as required or requested.
- Ensures adherence to all State and Federal laws, guidelines and regulations including compliance with CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Maintain HIPAA requirements at all times.
- Adheres specifically to all company policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws
- Performs other duties as directed.
- $28 – $32 (based on experience)
- B.S. in a Medical Laboratory Science preferred
- 1+ year of AU400 analyzer experience preferred
- 1+ years of experience operating LCMS instruments in a high-complexity lab required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and computer systems required
- Prior experience in a CLIA/COLA-certified laboratory highly preferred
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job ID: 11953