Certifying Scientist / Technical Supervisor
Ansonia, CT · Job ID: 9624 · · Industry: Toxicology
An Interventional Pain Management Specialist group is seeking an Certifying Scientist to perform initial screening on a Thermo Fisher and confirmatory testing on an AB Sciex API 4000 within their Physician Office Lab .This role will performs tasks within a wide scope of laboratory functions.
This position is responsible for the receipt, organization, testing, and reporting of daily patient specimens in a drug toxicology laboratory. The laboratory technologist will adhere to protocols and quality measures while performing sample preparation and analyzing patient results.
- Operate Thermo Fisher and AB Sciex instrumentation
- LCMS troubleshooting, and general maintenance
- Confirmation and release of results
- Solves routine problems independently within established troubleshooting processes.
- Performs quality controls and documents QC for each lab procedure on a daily basis.
- Performs toxicology bench-work, including but not limited to: sample prep reagent preparation, sample pipetting, as trained, following laboratory established SOPs and quality standards.
- Maintain proper Lab documentation
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Medical Science, or related discipline
- 2 years’ experience with Masters or 4 years with a Bachelors in a high complexity laboratory environment.
- LCMS experience required
Lighthouse Lab Services specializes in recruiting Clinical Laboratory Professionals. We have over 10 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, with clients ranging from small hospitals in rural Maine to large reference laboratories on the shores of Hawaii and everything in between.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Recruiting to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Recruiting will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BK Job ID: 9624