Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for an LCMS operator to join a CLIA certified reference laboratory on the day shift. The schedule is Monday-Friday and you will primarily be responsible for the operation of an automated clinical chemistry platform (AU680) for toxicology screening.
The scope of this role will include, routine sample prep and processing through our workflow in accordance with our established Standard Operating Procedures. Utilizing judgment and decision-making processes, the role sets up and monitors automated test procedures using immunoassay. The ideal candidate will exude great attention to detail, be an effective communicator both orally and in writing, and have excellent organizational skills.
– Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result
– Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see department SOPs);
– Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines
– Performs routine testing, quality control, calibration, maintenance and proficiency testing in accordance with current laboratory procedures
– Performs manual procedures requiring judgment
– Uses pre-calibrated and/or automated devices.
– Maintains and organizes laboratory documentation
– Oversees department inventory and orders supplies as necessary
– Participates in validation of and trains
– Maintains ongoing communication with superiors of any issues that affect reporting of patient results
– Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
Education and Experience:
– BS/BA in Laboratory Science, Chemistry, Biology or related
– 1-3 years in a clinical laboratory setting
– Experience with operating Beckman AU series analyzers
– Experience with toxicology sample prep
– Experience with Integrated LIS or LIMS
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job ID: