Lighthouse Lab Services is currently seeking a Senior LCMS Scientist to join a growing clinical toxicology laboratory near Bowling Green, KY. This role will be responsible for leading the lab along with handling sample screening, operating, and troubleshooting LCMS equipment. Candidates should have strong attention to detail, a background in chemistry or biology and experience with an Immunoassay analyzer as well as possess skills to perform sample preparation with highly sophisticated automation. It's an exciting time to join our team with plenty of room for advancement with hands-on opportunity to learn and operate state of the art equipment based on education requirements.
Ideal Requirements: Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology or a physical science.
– Operating and calibrating equipment
– Experience operating immunoassay machines.
– Delivering test results to physicians via electronic laboratory information system/portal.
– Strong knowledge of laboratory Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) procedures and principles, be able to follow standard operating procedures (SOP) and fill out required logs/forms on a routine basis.
– Perform automated tests using computerized instruments & automated equipment
– Strong knowledge of laboratory quality control and assurance procedures and principles, i.e. follow standard operating procedures and filling out required forms/logs.
– Assigns, directs, & monitors the work of Clinical Lab Scientists & other personnel.
– Trains laboratory assistants on proper techniques/procedures related to clinical laboratory practice.
– Correctly verifies that the proper specimen is being analyzed for the correct patients & that the correct test is being performed.
– Judges the adequacy & qualities of specimens submitted for testing.
– Analyzes clinical laboratory specimens following the standard methods & procedures approved by the Laboratory Director or designee
– Performs quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
The ideal candidate will need to be extremely organized and detail-oriented. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by laboratory staff to include answering of phones, data entering, inventory, ordering and others on an as-needed basis.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID: 14002