Just west of Chicago lies beautiful St. Charles, Illinois. They call it the “pride of the fox” for the Fox River that runs through its center. It’s home to parks, theatre, and culture. It’s also where you’ll find your next job!
Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for a Lead Analytical Chromatography, R&D Technologist for a clinical laboratory in St. Charles. Under the direction of the chromatography manager and the assistant laboratory director, this lead scientist oversees and performs tests requiring specialized scientific knowledge and skills. The position blends research and analytical testing with time evenly split between both. The successful candidate is expected to operate, monitor, and maintain LC-MS and GC-MS instruments to provide accurate results in biological samples. In addition, they will be responsible for developing and improving analytical methods and their transfer to production environment. Qualified individuals must have strong scientific leadership and knowledge. The lead scientist will receive training and assistance from laboratory manager and assistant laboratory director to meet these objectives.
If you’re on the prowl and have the right skills, be clever as a fox and READ ON!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively carry out the direction and instruction given by the Chromatography Manager, Lab Director, and/or Assistant Lab Director.
- Assist manager with evaluating daily workload and scheduling work to meet DDI expected turnaround times.
- Assure that equipment and instruments are running according to specifications with minimum downtime and direct maintenance assignments to other personnel.
- Provide technical support and training to staff in basic instrument operation and maintenance, and in sample prep procedures.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods and equipment performance.
- Understand technical requirements and recommends R&D objectives.
- Prepare and analyze samples for quantitative analysis by following methods outlined in SOPs.
- Prepare equipment to test prepared samples, sets up, adjust and operate laboratory. equipment and instruments such as the LC/MS/MS, Gas Chromatograph, and HPLC.
- Calibrate instruments and monitor readings to ensure accuracy.
- Be proficient in use of software used in chromatography integration and processing of analyses.
- Report immediately any anomalies in instrumentation or procedures to Lab Manager.
- Maintain cleanliness of own work area, remove trash, and dispose of samples as needed.
- Follow established policies and procedures when test systems are not within acceptable levels.
- Adhere to laboratory’s quality control policies and document all quality control activities
- Document all corrective actions taken.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, and either correct the problem or immediately notify the lab manager.
- Must utilize appropriate laboratory safety rules and assure use of personnel protective equipment.
- Maintain communication with managers in regard to work flow, personnel and instrument issues.
- Conduct research to investigate complaints and errors in existing methods.
- Directly lead sample preparation team members.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training employees.
- Plan, assign and direct work related to the operation of chromatographic instruments.
- Provide feedback and guidance to direct reports, including conducting performance reviews and ad hoc coaching.
- Assure adequate staffing and prepare work schedules.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology (or equivalent) or chemistry or analytical science, and 2 years-experience in a clinical lab.
- Experience with chromatography instruments is required.
- M-F 1st shift 8-4:30
- Opportunity for challenge and growth in a prestigious integrative setting
- Excellent wages, commensurate with education and experience
- Life, Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Paid PTO
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK Job ID #14450