Are you interested in joining a well-run hospital near the South Jersey shore that prioritizes giving back to its employees? Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a mid-size trauma center near Ocean City, NJ that is seeking a Lead Cytotechnologist.
The Laboratory Lead Cytotechnologist performs laboratory testing procedures and provides clinical result interpretation according to established procedures, ensuring quality standards are met.
The Technical Supervisor of Cytology has delegated those duties of the General Supervisor to the Lead Cytotechnologist. These duties will include but are not limited to the following:
– Day to day supervision or over sight of the laboratory operation and person performing testing and reporting test results.
– Be accessible to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve technical problems in accordance with policies and procedures established by the technical supervisor of cytology.
– Document the slide interpretation results of each gynecologic or nongynecologic cytology case he or she examined or reviewed.
– Issue the normal gynecological cytology reports and provide interpretation of abnormal cytology to pathologists.
– Exam all types of body specimens including fine needle aspirates, identifying abnormalities and providing interpretation for all patient samples that are screened.
– Document total number of slides screened and reviewed in a 24hr period that he or she screened or reviewed in the laboratory as well as all other cytotechnologists' in the laboratory.
– Document the number of hours spent screening slides in a 24hr period.
The Lead Cytotechnologist performs tests in compliance with established departmental standards and reviews and verifies results to ensure data validity and interprets results. This position applies appropriate procedural techniques related to specimen procurement and handling and application of universal precautions. This position participates in the evaluation of slide quality/QC and preparing all statistical data as required in the department and regulatory.
The Lead Cytotechnologist performs and documents quality control procedures, sops and proficiency testing in accordance with established parameters and standards. This position works with the Laboratory Supervisor to resolve quality control, patient or procedural problems and recommends enhancements to laboratory procedures.
The Lead Cytotechnologist works effectively with physician members of staff to accurately provide diagnostic results and works with minimal supervision.
This position supports organizational goals by providing quality customer service, participating in performance improvement efforts and demonstrating a commitment to team work and cooperation.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in medical technology, chemical, physical or biological sciences or related field acceptable and certificate of completion in an accredited Cytotechnology Program to the certifying agency (ASCP), required.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Registry certified CT (ACSP) required. 24 CEUs annually required. BLSHCP required effective 1/1/2021, existing incumbents with HSAED will be required to renew with BLSHCP all new hires effective this same date are required to have BLSHCP within 6 months of hire or transfer.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years full-time experience preferred within the preceding 10 years. Proficiency in Clinical Applications preferred at time of hire; incumbents within position will be trained appropriately and then skill will be required for this position within 30-60 days from date of hire.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-974-1929 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job # 15238