– Demonstrates the knowledge and theory of applicable Clinical Laboratory Medicine in order to produce required measure of accuracy.
– Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures (waived, moderately complex or highly complex testing as defined by CLIA) using standard and sophisticated/specialized instrumentation and equipment in accordance with established procedures.
– Aids in proper reagent and chemical solution preparation, labeling and storage.
– Evaluates validity of test results using quality control standards, instrumentation function checks, and/or department policies and procedures.
– Evaluates and records test results in timely and accurate manner.
– Initiates appropriate corrective action to alleviate any deficiencies of quality assurance standards or established specified limits.
– Consistently coordinates all work with co-workers to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during the assigned shift.
– Strives to be an effective and productive member of the organization.
– Performs, documents and reviews preventive maintenance measures on department's equipment and instruments.
– Provides general supervision to medical technology students and others in training or orientation.
– Always shows awareness and addresses all proper safety procedures to insure a safe work environment.
– Demonstrates a working knowledge and understanding of computer functions.
– Compiles various data, statistics and reports.
– Assumes personal responsibility for on-going continuing education and professional development.
– Participates in staff meeting to facilitate improved communication.
– Completes all mandatory in-service programs required.
– Assumes duties of supervisor in his/her absence or as needed/requested.
– Assists in the validation/verification of new assays under the direction of the Supervisor and the Medical Director.
– Performs validation/verification analysis, collects and analyzes data and prepares for Medical Director review.
– Writes technical procedures. The Lead Med Technologist submits these to the Supervisor and the Medical Director for review and the Laboratory Director for approval.
– Trains medical technologists and medical laboratory technicians in new testing procedures; assists with implementation of newly developed clinical tests.
– Effectively resolves daily technical and theoretical problems; serves as a technical resource for the laboratory testing personnel, supervisors and staff. Assists in the interpretation and review of the clinical results.
– Ensures pending logs and worksheets are performed in a timely manner.
– Proactively recognizes and resolves complex technical problems and provides or seeks viable, appropriate solutions.
– Performs and oversees troubleshooting and repair of assigned laboratory instruments/equipment/procedures.
– Assists with ensuring the procedure manuals are up to date and that annual reviews of procedure manuals are conducted.
– Assists in performing and maintaining competencies of all employees in their areas.
– Assists in receiving and distributing Proficiency Testing samples according to the set rotation schedule of technologists who will perform the testing.
– Assists in submitting results to CAP by the set due date. Assists in reviewing results and troubleshooting failures.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Other duties as assigned
– Doctorate, masters, bachelors degree or associates degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution.
– Registry/certification as Medical Technologist/ Clinical Laboratory Scientist level (CLS or MT) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT).
Complexity of Work:
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Must complete all required continuing education required to maintain specific certification.
– Personal Protective Equipment: Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job #12974