Lighthouse Lab Services is seeking a skilled and dedicated Lead Medical Technologist for a laboratory in the Charlotte, NC area!
3rd shift position. Working 4, 10 hour shifts (2100-0730) with rotating weekends and holiday rotation. – Performs laboratory analysis on received specimens, providing clinical information for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases. Responsible for overall quality, efficiency, and safety in the performance of assigned technical duties. Works in a fast-paced Level 1 Trauma center. The blood bank serves over 1000 patient beds and 6 outpatient infusion centers. Assumes responsibility for the technical operations of the specific laboratory section. Ensures that all procedures are performed as defined in section policy and procedure. Assists and supports the Lab Director/Manager/Supervisor.
- Ensures the implementation and maintenance of quality, efficiency, and safety in the section by meeting all accreditation standards (CAP, AABB, TJC, etc) on a continual basis.
- Demonstrates initiative in tracking and resolving problems, and continually checks the accuracy of processes, test methods, instruments in the section, including the review of results and clerical errors before they are reported to the medical record
- Assigns work for section and assists in workload evaluations as needed, delegating authority and responsibility as appropriate to ensures that work assigned to members of the section is completed and reported in a timely manner.
- Provides guidance to teammates regarding blood product selection, antibody workups, reference testing, technical and non-technical procedures, and quality control.
- Participates in writing/reviewing policies and procedures.
- Performs competency assessments for the section, ensuring that all teammates meet accreditation complexity requirements prior to reporting patient results and ongoing thereafter.
Works in a fast-paced clinical environment. Works in an area which contains bio hazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Duties may involve standing, walking, stretching, stooping, bending and lifting light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree with certification as MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), HTL(ASCP), CT(ASCP) or equivalent required.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-974-1929 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KW JOB ID: 14675