Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for a Lead Technologist to join the DAY shift at a well established independent laboratory located near Tampa, FL. The Lead Technologist will be responsible for providing oversight to personnel, directing projects, training and validating, as well as working with the lab manager to ensure all operations meet compliance regulations.
DAY SHIFT / Monday-Friday / 9am-5pm
- Responsible for reagent preparation of calibration and QC material, when needed, for LC-MS/MS analysis.
- Competent on all areas: sample prep, LC/MS testing, integration of results, 2nd review and releasing results.
- Working with the lab manager, identify workflow inefficiencies and process improvements, be the lead on project teams or delegate clearly defined responsibilities for continuous improvement
- Identify, install, and train appropriate personnel on new LC/MS methods for additional analyses, new standards curves, new QC processes.
- Oversee equipment maintenance requirements and assist with troubleshooting
- Oversee training of new or existing technical licensed employees
- Ensure lab capacity can acommodate growth by helping identify equipment and personnel needs
- Answer customer (physician) calls regarding interpretation and clarification of patient reports in the absence of the Lab Manager
- Review CAP and Proficiency Test results with the Lab Technical Supervisor, Lab Manager, and President
- Communicate and document goals, accountabilities, measurement of all direct reports
- Conduct employee evaluations bi-annually with the Lab Manager
- Coach and develop technical staff to assume greater responsibilities or to correct performance deficiencies
- Be first level of conflict resolution with all technologists
- B.S. (or higher) in Biology, Chemistry, or related field
- Current Florida State Technologist license
- 1+ year of experience in clinical toxicology setting
- 1+ year of LC/MS experience
- Familiarity with Lab LIS systems
- Proven leadership skills
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite
Salary & Benefits
- 55k-75k (based on experience)
- Health, Vision, Dental
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 15 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#VT #Job ID 13082