Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for a skilled Toxicology Lead to work in an established and growing lab in the St Louis, MO area!
Job Description / Role
- Act as Lead of Toxicology department, take responsibility for drug monitoring in a clinical laboratory environment
- Data analysis and reporting of urine drug confirmation, daily resulting of samples as well as assigned projects, and supervise/train junior team members
- Keep instruments running at their optimum performance through routine and preventive maintenance.
- Monitor performance of equipment by implementing QA and QC procedures.
- Work collaboratively with others, including consulting Laboratory Director and Technical Supervisor.
- Work constructively with laboratory director and technical supervisor.
- Monitor trends in service requests and implement corrective actions to improve operational efficiency and reduce downtime of the instruments.
- Follow Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Adheres to laboratory practices, including but not limited to OSHA bloodborne pathogens, HIPAA, and hazardous chemicals training and monitoring.
- Identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions, and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident.
- Understanding of Analytical techniques, instrumentation, and underlying principles.
- Basic laboratory skills including preparing solvents, standards, and solutions preps.
- Strong PC skills and working knowledge of MS Office.
- Good personal and communication skills. Must understand “customer focus” and be professional within workplace.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, reliable, and able to prioritize workload.
- Conduct activities in compliance with CLIA and other regulatory guidelines.
- M.S. (4+ years)/Ph.D. (2+ years) in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, biotechnology, or related areas
- Strong Regulatory understanding with COLA, CLIA
- 2-5 years-experience with LC-MS in a clinical setting preferred. At least two years of high complexity testing experience in Toxicology is required.
- An expert and familiarity with bioanalysis using LC-MS
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation commensurate with industry experience
- Discretionary performance bonus at year-end
- Two weeks paid annual vacation
- 401k match and healthcare coverage to eligible employees
- Accelerated career progression with flexibility to expand role and grow into the next level
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-334-1658 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CP JOB ID: 15512