Manage a team of laboratory staff. Assist with administration of laboratory testing in accordance with applicable regulations governing clinical laboratories.
– Direct the overall activities of assigned laboratory work group(s) through appropriate delegation, technical skills training, and work supervision. Meet regularly with staff and senior management to discuss and resolve workload and technical issues.
– Plan, prioritize and assign tasks and projects. Counsel, train and coach laboratory staff. Assist in developing performance standards. Monitor work, develop staff skills and evaluate performance.
– Assist in establishment and revision of laboratory policies and procedures. Maintain appropriate control and quality assurance procedures. Ensure compliance with safety requirements.
– Keep abreast of new technical developments. Assist with implementation of new tests, equipment, programs and/or procedures in the assigned area(s) as needed. Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase quality of services and operational efficiency.
– Foster a unified culture and facilitate collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information and teamwork. Participate in initiatives to improve employee engagement to positively impact operational results, customer satisfaction and employee retention.
– Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
– Perform each duty in compliance with all regulatory policies and procedures (HIPAA, CLIA, CAP, COLA, NYS, and OSHA)
– Perform other related duties as required.
– Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending in-services and off-site lectures and meetings.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– In depth knowledge of clinical testing procedures and applicable laboratory testing regulations.
– Working knowledge of quality assurance and quality control principles and in depth knowledge of company-specific program requirements.
– Knowledge of occupational safety and health rules and regulations.
– Good written and oral communication skills.
– Effective supervision and coaching skills.
– High ethical standards.
– Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands.
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must meet one of the following:
– PhD in a chemical, physical or biological science with at least 2 years of experience in a clinical laboratory having a director at the doctoral level
– Master’s degree in chemical, physical or biological science with at least 4 years of pertinent laboratory experience of which not less than two years have been spent working in the designated laboratory specialty in a clinical laboratory having a director at the doctoral level.
– Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology and at least 6 years clinical laboratory experience of which at least 2years have been in a clinical laboratory having a director at the doctoral level OR qualify as a medical technologist by either (a) or (b) below:
(a) Successful completion in an accredited college or university of a course of study which meets all academic requirements for a bachelor's degree in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences and at least 6 years clinical laboratory experience of which at least 2 years have been in a clinical laboratory having a director at the doctoral level
(b) Successful completion of three years (90 semester hours or equivalent) in an accredited college or university with a distribution of courses as shown below, and, in addition, successful experience and/or training covering several fields of medical laboratory work of such length (not less than one year), and of such quality that this experience or training, when combined with the education, will have provided the individual with education and training in medical technology
– AND at least 4 years in a position administering and supervising/managing individuals in a healthcare environment.
– Applicable certifications and licenses as required by country, state, and/or other regulatory bodies
– Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
– Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
– Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
– Work is performed in a laboratory environment, full manual dexterity and visual acuity required.
– May be exposed to potential physical harm from hazardous chemicals, infectious diseases, blood-borne pathogens, toxic materials, toxic gases, electrical hazards, dangerous tools and equipment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job ID: 11675