Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a large reference laboratory in Milwaukee, WI in need of a Manager of Lab Operations. This person will provide third shift management oversight of laboratory operations by providing support to team members by assisting with troubleshooting, ensuring efficient operational workflows, and escalating issues to appropriate department leadership.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
– Manages the daily operational needs of the entire laboratory on the third shift, ensuring consistent workflows are maintained in each department to meet the off shift requirements
– Oversees testing performance, ensuring accurate and timely results are produced to meet the workload demands on the off-shift needs
– Serves as an effective conduit to other laboratory leadership with support on addressing staff performance issues, process improvements initiatives, meeting key quality indicators, and promoting a productive work environment
– When faced with staffing shortfalls, adjusts work assignments of team members to meet/exceed turnaround time expectations, and follow established guidelines
– Using the LIS, ensures accurate data generation, retention, and retrieval. Assists in developing and monitoring metrics/reports to assess productivity and turnaround time.
– Oversees team members by ensuring they are regularly following policies and procedures. Supports department leadership by ensuring completion of required staff reviews. Signs off on policies, regulatory items, meeting minutes and safety updates.
– Researches and resolves problems and share expert knowledge on technical issues, such as unusual specimens or test results, specimen management, instrument problems and troubleshooting support. Escalates issues as needed.
– Actively supports each department's maintenance programs to ensure equipment and instrument maintenance requirements are consistently followed on the off shift.
– Consults with lab medical directors and appropriately addresses physicians regarding laboratory findings
– Assists with answering inquiries from customers regarding interpretation of lab results
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Bachelor's degree in one of the following: biology, medical technology, microbiology, chemistry or biochemistry
– At least 5 years' experience working in a clinical lab; generalist role preferred
– At least 3 years' supervisory/management experience in a clinical lab
– ASCP certification or eligible and becomes certified within 1 year of employment
– Demonstrated ability to coach, develop and motivate team members
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job ID: 13105