Lighthouse Lab Services is currently seeking a Medical Biller/Coder to identify, collect, assess, monitor and document claims for a diagnostic laboratory near Reno, NV. Candidates must be well organized and detailed oriented, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and must have experience in billing software. Laboratory billing experience is preferred.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
– Completes appropriate paperwork, documentation, system entry regarding claim and encounter information.
– Reviews medical record information to identify all appropriate coding based on AMA & CMS guidelines.
– Supports and participates in process and quality improvement initiatives.
– Reviews and researches accounts to identify errors with claims.
– Takes the required actions including, following up with the pertinent personnel to obtain the required information to address and resolve the identified issues.
– Ensures corrected claims are created and sent to the payer in a timely manner.
– Reviews account information and explains charges as well as other related inquiries from patients and insurance carriers, while complying with HIPAA guidelines.
– Assists patients with financial issues referring them for payment plans, financial aid and other plans according to policy.
– Documents each action in all systems according to policy.
Minimum Requirements of the position:
– Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in Medical Billing.
– Experience in data management and health care environment.
– Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
– Certified Medical Coder with either CPC or CCS with a high degree of competency in this area.
– Prior coding experience in a medical office environment, 1-2 years preferred.
– Strong knowledge of ICD-10 coding.
– Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
– Certification as a Medical Coder.
Pay & Benefits:
– 40-60k salary based on experience/background
– Full benefits: health, vision, dential
– PTO and holidays
– Retirement plan
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including people with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com