Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a reference lab near Atlanta, GA. We're looking for a Medical Lab Technician to join the day shift position and to be an integral part of a growing, fantastic culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Accurately accession and order tests for patient specimens using Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
– Prepare patient samples for molecular and protein analysis
– Perform DNA extraction as required
– Prepare reagents for testing as needed
– Record quality control data
– Perform routine maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
– Perform all work according to written standard operating procedures and document all work performed.
– Train lab staff on day to day functioning and routine laboratory tests
Promote safety in the laboratory
– Be alert for potentially unsafe behavior, practices, set-ups, situations, and correct them; or bring them to the attention of the laboratory supervisor if you are unsure of the proper procedures to be used
– Enforce proper use of safety goggles, proper handling of chemical spills, proper handling of broken glassware, proper collection of chemical waste for disposal, and proper disposal of non-hazardous laboratory waste
– Maintain a clean laboratory
– Maintain inventory and bring to supervisor attention items needed (kits, tubes, alcohol, lab coats, gloves, etc.)
– Disinfect and clean all used glassware and plastic containers daily
– Maintain cleanliness of personal station(s) at all times
– Dispose of bio-hazardous material properly
Education and/or Work Experience:
– 4 Year Degree in a life science field (Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry)
– 1-3 Years in Laboratory environment with knowledge of ELISA and RT-PCR techniques
– ASCP (or AAB) Certification – MB, MT, or MLT preferred or obtain certification within 12 months of hire date.
– Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
– Ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems
– This position may require long periods of standing and lifting up to 20 pounds to complete daily tasks
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com