A CLIA-certified molecular reference laboratory in Boston, MA is seeking a full-time Medical Laboratory Director to oversee their COVID-19 testing as well as help establish flu testing and implement additional infectious disease testing down the line.
This company is dedicated to creating a new science that emerges from the integration of physics, biomedicine, and nanotechnology. They leverage science and technology to address our planet's utmost needs in global health, energy, and the environment.
- Application Processing: Complete, process, and maintain CLIA, CAP, and state specific applications and documentation.
- Equipment Recommendations: Recommend appropriate equipment and supplies for the specific molecular and cytogenetic testing.
- Laboratory Build-out and Design: Work in conjunction with instrument manufacturers to plan layout and design on the laboratory space as needed for future changes/additions to the lab.
- Validation: Assist, oversee, and guide any new validations.
- SOPs: Develop SOPs as needed.
- Recruiting: Assist in recruiting, screening, and interviewing potential staff-level employees for the laboratory.
- Test Menu: Provides guidance with regard to current and proposed test menus.
- Inspection Preparation: Prepare the laboratory and staff for upcoming inspections and surveys.
- Industry Knowledge: Keep up-to-date on industry changes in billing, coding, reimbursements, testing, best practices, and innovations.
- Billing: Provide pro-formas or other documentation as needed, estimating expected revenues based on reimbursement, start-ups costs, and on-going testing.
- Consulting: Provide on-going consultation to address regulatory and technical issues.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
The qualified candidate will possess a doctoral degree (PhD/MD/DO) and one of the below listed board certifications. Preference will be given to those who have experience working with FDA/EUA, developing PCR assays, and those who have previously served as a full-time Lab Director or have helped a lab/labs grow.
- ABB – American Board of Bioanalysis with molecular diagnostics experience
- ABCC – American Board of Clinical Chemistry in Molecular Diagnostics
- ABMGG – American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (formerly known as American Board of Medical Genetics (ABMG))
- ABMLI – American Board of Medical Laboratory Immunology
- ABMM – American Board of Medical Microbiology
- ABP—American Board of Pathology certification in Anatomical Pathology or Clinical Pathology
- Currently possess or eligibility to obtain Massachusetts Medical License
- $250,000+ dependent upon experience
- Additional bonus structure
- Full benefits
- Relocation assistance
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TL | 13087