The Medical Technologist position has primary responsibility for performing all laboratory testing in accordance with policies and procedures in an accurate and precise manner.
– Be alert and aware at all times to ensure safety, accuracy and efficiency.
– Process specimens by conducting tests of body fluids, including blood, urine, spinal fluid, and cultures to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
– Enter data from analysis of medical tests and clinical results into LIMs. – Operate, calibrate and maintain instrumentation used in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
– Communicate technical information about test results to clients, such as test results, normal ranges, and specimen requirements.
– Monitor quality assurance and laboratory activities to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results.
– Recognize factors that affect measurements and results and either correct the problem or elevate to supervisor for resolution.
– Recognize alert/critical test results and inform appropriate personnel.
– Assures that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the established performance specifications.
– Ensures that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning.
– Participate in external and internal proficiency testing programs.
– Responsible for administering testing according to policies and procedures.
– Maintain all patient information in the strictest confidence.
– Present a professional demeanor and dress pursuant to company standards.
– Maintain clean and orderly work area.
– Follow proper laboratory safety procedures.
– Maintain efficient flow of verbal and written directives.
– Maintain required departmental records in the appropriate medium.
– Perform special project as assigned.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Minimum of a diploma in Medical Laboratory Technician or equivalent (Associates Degree)
– Must have a New York State (NYS) Certification in Medical Laboratory Technician
– Minimum 2 years clinical laboratory experience.
– National MLT or MT (ASCP or AMT) Certification – must be obtained within 6 months of hire
– Must meet the Assessment of Competency requirements by completing the appropriate amount of CEUs in a given period.
– Must possess technical competence and high integrity.
– Strong communications skills – written, verbal, and listening.
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
#CC Job ID: 13159