The Medical Laboratory Technologist performs tasks within a wide scope of laboratory functions. This position is responsible for the receipt, organization, testing, and reporting, as assigned, of daily patient specimens, as well as first level instrument maintenance and troubleshooting with the support of laboratory staff, and under the supervision of the Laboratory Director. The laboratory technologist will adhere to protocols and quality measures while performing sample preparation and operating laboratory instrumentation.
- Associate’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology OR Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related discipline.
- Qualifies as high complexity laboratory technologists under CLIA and relevant state regulations.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and problem-solving procedures
- 1-2 years’ experience in a laboratory environment preferred
- Experience in biological sample preparation preferred
- LCMS experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
- Perform production workflow as described in standard operating procedures;
- Perform sample preparation as described in standard operating procedures;
- Perform daily LCMS and EIA instrumentation operations;
- Maintain laboratory documentation;
- Complete projects, other tasks, and assignments as directed by management;
- Perform routine Quality Assurance/Quality Control tasks;
- Manage laboratory inventory and order additional supplies as needed and in compliance with process instructions from managers;
- Maintain integrity of process; following and reporting QA/QC occurrences
- Work to ensure process is compliant with the lab’s standard operating procedures as well as relevant laws, rules, and regulations applicable to the laboratory
- Proactively promotes client satisfaction
- Leading the tracking and completion of projects as directed
- Completes all administration duties
- Works independently and as part of team
- Competative, based on experience
- Full Benefits
- 6a-2:30p, 2p-10:30p, and 10:15p-6:15a shift options.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MTP Job ID: 15577