Known as the City of Good Neighbors, Buffalo, NY is also the city of good opportunities.
Lighthouse Lab Services is seeking Medical Technicians for new lab created by an existing and well-established lab family for a high throughput, EUA approved COVID-19 testing. The Medical Technicians are responsible for testing, analyzing, reviewing, and reporting results of their COVID-19 testing in their CLEP accredited facility in Buffalo, NY.
Looking for a chance to expand your career as a scientist in an exciting lab? READ ON!
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
- Follow clinical laboratory testing procedures and policies in the performance of routine and specialized tests.
- Identify source and nature of test problems and make appropriate recommendations.
- Apply scientific method in problem solving and assist in evaluation of new methods and techniques.
- Assure that quality control criteria are met and adhere to established laboratory policies in handling hazardous substances.
- Record necessary documentation to comply with various agency regulations.
- Perform required instrument maintenance at the prescribed time and log appropriately.
- Assure a clean work area and technical clean-up at the end of each shift.
- Assist in maintaining sufficient supplies at each workstation.
- Assist in development and evaluation of new procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Deliver quality patient care while maintaining efficiency.
- Understanding of CLIA, CAP, COLA regulations.
- Covid-19 and infectious disease testing.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Preferred Profile
- Associates's degree in Medical Lab Sciences or related field
- 1+ years of clinical laboratory experience
- NY CLS License
- ASCP or AMT certified preferred
- Molecular and Covid experience a plus
Salary, Schedule, Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience
- First shift (rotating weekends as needed)
- Full benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK Job #13354