The Technologist II, Medical position performs waived, moderately and highly complex laboratory procedures following established laboratory policy and procedures; reports test results, monitors workflow, and manages instrumentation maintenance. Evaluates and ensures compliance with service guarantees and specimen quality requirements. This position reports to the Department Manager or Laboratory Supervisor, or a technologist with 6 years plus experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– Performs and is responsible for Medical Technologist I duties.
– Supports the supervisor or manager with the following:
- Assists in evaluation of new and existing test methodologies, new and current equipment, current test mix, and policy and procedure development/implementation
- Assists in the development and compliance of all departmental policies and procedures for performance, quality control, and preventive maintenance
- Assists in evaluating regulatory and certification requirements, ensuring that the section is inspection ready
- Utilizes theoretical and working knowledge of all general and automated testing instruments in the department
- Performs and documents all quality control, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures
- Assists department Manager with training and annual competency assessments for all teammates
- Assists the manager or supervisor with oversight of day to day teammate work:
- Reviews workflow reports and reports work activities and pending work to the oncoming technologist to ensure team goal for meeting Turnaround Time (TAT) and workload continuity
- Monitors appropriate test utilization and workflow; works with supervisor to ensure available resources and supplies
- Communicates regularly for scheduling or redistributing resources as needed
- Participates in identified process improvement task forces (inter and intra departmental), implement identified areas of improvement as indicated, understand the function of all laboratory areas
- Practices infection control and safety policies, maintains an active role in the laboratory’s quality improvement program (incident reports, CAP surveys, TAT’s, service guarantees) and ensures levels of compliance of established laboratory outcome standards are met o Maintains confidentiality of company’s records, clients, and personnel matters at all times as per policy
- Supports the department Manager in maintaining the operational budget within budgetary constraints by continually evaluating systems to ensure cost effectiveness and reduce operational expenses
- Other duties as assigned
– Bachelor degree in Medical Technology, biological sciences or related science field is required.
– Minimum three (3) years clinical laboratory experience is required. 6 years plus experience is preferred.
– Certified by a professional laboratory certifying agency (i.e. ASCP, AMT) is required
– Current Florida license as a Technologist in Hematology, Chemistry, Serology, Microbiology or related field is required
– Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel and outlook, basic proficiency in MS Word required
Here is what you can expect when you join our team:
– A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
– Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
– Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
– Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
– A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
– Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job #