Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of Medical Technologists. Currently, we are working with a hospital near Pittsburgh, PA that is looking for a Medical Technologist to join their Chemistry/Hematology department.
This is a second shift position, 2:30PM-11:00PM.
The Role You'll Play:
- Exemplifies Customer Service Behavioral Expectations in all interactions. Treats customers with respect, compassion, and hospitality; anticipates, identifies, and responds to individual needs; makes a positive first impression by acknowledging customers; and demonstrates flexibility while maintaining priorities.
- Performs specimen collection duties as appropriate; verifies appropriate labeling and collection of specimens and processes blood, urine, and other body fluids into desired test form.
- Follows laboratory established protocols for sample testing, documentation, and safety; operates and maintains laboratory equipment appropriately to provide accurate and timely results; implements laboratory established quality control and calibration procedures to ensure test validity.
- Evaluates test results, recognizing abnormal, critical, or illogical findings.
- Troubleshoots analyzer or specimen related issues using all resources available to solve problems.
- Utilizes the Hospital and laboratory information systems as appropriate to conduct patient testing and report patient results; follows the laboratory’s established billing procedures.
- Communicates with Hospital personnel and other customers to provide and receive information as necessary for the accurate and timely reporting of patient test results.
- Completion of an approved Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) program resulting in an Associate’s degree or an Associate’s degree in a related science OR
- B.S. in Medical Technology or related field
- 1-3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist
- ASCP (or equivalent) preferred
Salary & Benefits:
- $23-$27/hr (based on experience)
- Health, Vision, Dental
- PTO & Paid Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#VT Job #13173