Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a hospital in Western New York who is looking for New York-licensed Clinical Laboratory Technologist Generalists to join their laboratory team. This is a great location with a friendly small-town feel and it's not far from bustling waterfront communities, college towns, and cultural arts venues. Not to mention the obvious attraction – Niagara Falls, which is less than 2 hours away and where Jim and Pam got married. Who wouldn't love that?
In this role, you would have the opportunity to provide authority, responsibility and accountability for the accurate performance of laboratory testing of a routine and advanced nature. These tests are used in the diagnosis and treatment of patients and in the evaluation of a patient's response to treatment. You would also be able to apply competent clinical knowledge to achieve accurate clinical testing which leads to quality patient care outcomes.
*There are 5 full-time positions open across evening and night shift.*
– Interact with all laboratory customers courteously and professionally; respond to telephone inquiries in a timely manner.
– Adhere to established laboratory and hospital policies in areas of procedures, methods, quality control, quality assurance, safety, compliance and personnel policies.
– Follow established procedures for the collection (including phlebotomy, as required) and processing of specimens for analysis including the appropriateness and stability of the sample.
– Perform qualitative and quantitative analytical procedures according to established protocols with precision and accuracy in a timely and efficient manner.
– Recognize critical, abnormal and unacceptable test results and follow-up according to established protocols. Recognize factors that affect measurements and results and initiate the necessary corrective action according to established protocols. Identify problems with instrumentation, methodology, specimens, supplies, or results and take action as outlined in predetermined protocols.
– Operate and maintain equipment within the scope of training utilizing defined schedules and written instructions to perform quality control checks, preventive maintenance, and calibration.
– Perform minor repairs. Use reagents and supplies in a cost-effective manner; monitor and maintain an appropriate supply inventory.
– Maintain in-depth knowledge of techniques, principles, and instruments and their interrelationships as well as physiological conditions affecting test results.
– Conduct, direct or assist with test development and methodology/equipment evaluation, selection and implementation.
– Assume responsibility for first-line supervision of the section/department on a temporary basis as delegated.
– Train and orient new employees, students and residents, as applicable and as assigned.
– Must possess a Bachelor's degree verified by NYSDOE as meeting Bachelor's degree requirements for full licensure of a clinical laboratory technologist.
– NYSDOE Full Clinical Laboratory Technologist license upon hire required OR laboratory technologist limited permit required. If working with limited permit, must obtain full licensure within 9 months of hire.
– MT(ASCP) certification is highly preferred but not required
– Prior experience working with Abbott equipment would be considered a big plus
– New grads are welcome to apply and will be seriously considered.
– Competitive Salary
– Excellent and Competitive Benefits Package
– Sign-on bonus (3 options: amount depends on time commitment)
– Relocation assistance is available on a case-by-case basis
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job ID: 9863