Are you an experienced Medical Technologist looking to join one of the leading regional labs in the country? We are representing an amazing full service reference laboratory in New York that is looking to bring a Med Tech on board that has a Generalist skill set. If you're looking to take the next step in your career with a great company, this could be just the opportunity for you.
Some of the things you'll have an opportunity to do in this role include:
– Assess the accuracy and validity of obtained test results by applying knowledge of relevant scientific principles, recognize changes that are critical to patient care, and identify probable cause for irregular and atypical findings
– Maintain records of tests and examinations and final results for all record functions and inquiries related to patient care
– Troubleshoot instruments and resolve technical problems whenever possible, document corrective action, and report problems to the supervisor
– Perform and review Quality Control to assure accuracy of results
– Maintain & operate automated equipment according to policies and procedures
– Document preventive maintenance as necessary
– Actively participate in the analyses of NYSDOH, and CAP PT samples
– Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology or other related Clinical Lab Science degree from an accredited MT program with ASCP certification
– Must possess a current New York State license
Salary and Benefits:
– $35-$38 per hour
– Health, Vision, Dental
– 401k retirement plan with employer match
– Paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal time
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job ID: 10752