Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a fast-growing reference laboratory in need of an experienced medical technologist with a background in hematology. This person will be the first tech in this brand new department. This person will be in charge of validating and then running day to day samples for blood chemistry and hematology on an Olympus AU400, BC Access 2 Analyzer and BC DXH 520 CP Analyzer. This person would be in line to be manager of the blood department as volume increases and we hire more people under them.The lab is located roughly 10 minutes outside of Pittsburgh, PA.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Validation experience will be required.
– Establishes performance criteria for laboratory tests.
– Resolves technical problems and ensures remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
– Ensures that test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and test system is functioning as expected.
Preferred Candidate Profile:
– B.S. in Medical Lab Science or related preferred
– MT/MLS(ASCP) certification required
– Exhibit understanding/documentation of the basic quality control as relates to equipment, reagents, and CLIA lab space
– Demonstrated leadership ability
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively; exercise good judgment
– Effective verbal and written communication skills
– Highly Competitive (based on experience)
– Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TR Job # 13450