Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with one of the countries leading healthcare facilities. We are looking for a seasoned Medical Technologist with Hematology experience to join the team. If that is you, keep reading. Plus, $3000 signing bonus available.
A Medical Technologist responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform hematology, coagulation, and urinalysis testing in a busy, complex laboratory. Analyze, correlate and interpret test results to ensure validation of accurate patient results.
- Work collaboratively with others to report results in a timely, efficient manner and to maintain a positive work environment. Recognize problems and follow up appropriately.
- Follow quality control and quality assurance procedures.
- Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Perform lab and hospital designated competency assessments.
- Adhere to established laboratory procedures and policies.
- Participate in the continuous improvement process and continuing education for lab personnel.
- Other duties as needed.
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to the start date of employment.
Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or biological science is required as well as certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist or eligible to be certified by BOC.
Must also have: the demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with other medical personnel in both verbal and written form; demonstrated ability to independently organize and prioritize work, and to exercise initiative in recognizing and solving problems. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse team. He/she will have the ability to work independently, be efficient and accurate in performing and reporting tests and possess excellent troubleshooting, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- MLS or specialty certification is highly desired, and may be a consideration in highly specialized laboratories
- Time management skills and the ability to accomplish extra duties while completing patient work.
- Full time, 40 hours/week
- Evening shift and will include rotating weekends and holidays with other staff.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602
#JY Job ID: 15574