Fort Lauderdale, FL · Job ID: 9343 · · Industry: Molecular
Are you interested in taking your
tLaboratory career to the next level by joining a successful and rapidly growing lab in one of the most desirable areas of the country?
Lighthouse Lab Services is currently seeking a Molecular Technologist to join a quickly growing Reference Laboratory near Davie, FL.
The Employee will need to be Florida licensed and experienced in the following disciplines:
1. Clinical Chemistry (Experience to include Toxicology)
3. Molecular Pathology (necessary)
This role will be responsible for performing analytical drug testing, clinical chemistry, hematology, molecular genetics, and serology testing. This will include data review and analyses.
Other job duties include but are not limited to:
– Prepares patient samples for molecular genetic testing including next generation sequencing and pharmacogenomics.
– Reviews drug confirmation data from the laboratory, compares with the initial screening data for accuracy and release the results.
– Performs patient testing for clinical chemistry, hematology, serology, and molecular pathology. Releases patient reports for clinical chemistry, hematology and serology.
– Initiates any corrective action in the lab on testing data that has been reviewed and found to be incomplete or inconclusive.
– Provides detailed customer consultation for physicians and other health care professionals in regards to drug testing methods, drug metabolism and excretion.
– Interact with other departments such as sales, customer service, and IT.
You should apply if you have at least a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Toxicology (or related field) and at least one year of previous clinical experience with LC-MS certifying including releasing and at least one year of Molecular Pathology testing that includes next generation sequencing or pharmacogenomics. This is an excellent opportunity to join a solid business with a great outlook for the future. Not only do you get to be part of a quickly growing lab, but the compensation and benefits are also very competitive.
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Bachelor's or greater in Medical technology, chemistry, toxicology, or similar.
– 1+ years LC-MS/MS certifying and releasing experience in a clinical setting preferred.
-1+ years Molecular pathology experience in a clinical setting necessary
– Florida state clinical laboratory scientist license in Molecular Pathology, and Chemistry
– Experience with manual pipetting is a must.
– Prior experience with Agilent software considered a plus.
– Ability to work alternating Saturdays (2 per month, on average).
Salary and Benefits:
– Base salary of $55k – $75k, based on previous experience
– Full benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com