Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of Medical Technologists in the country. Currently, we are working with an established Toxicology and Molecular testing reference laboratory that is looking for a Medical Technologist to join their team. The shift will be MONDAY-FRIDAY, 8am-5pm.
Under the direction of the Laboratory Manager, the Medical Technologist will be responsible for testing, analyzing, reviewing and reporting results, while living up to the philosophy of providing the highest quality lab service and ensuring the best possible patient care and client results.
The Role You'll Play:
- Performs, records, and evaluates daily quality control and instrument function and maintenance.
- Performs procedures in chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, microbiology, toxicology and pharmacogenetics correctly and completely.
- Assists with implementation of new testing procedures.
- Assists in maintaining area to meet accrediting agency standards.
- Rotates in all services of the Laboratory as needed.
- Demonstrates proper techniques in order to minimize duplication of testing and maintaining instruments to prevent costly repairs and downtime.
- Demonstrates the proper use, care and maintenance of laboratory equipment, tools, materials, and supplies for the appropriate work areas.
- Ensures that procedural performance and behavior does not result in physical or psychological discomfort to the patient or others associated with patients.
- Obtains prompt, accurate test results to aid the healthcare provider with treatment of the patient.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
- Associate's degree in Medical Laboratory Technology OR
- B.S. degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Lab Sciences, or related field
- MT/MLT ASCP (or equivalent) required
Salary & Benefits:
- $22-$28/hr (based on experience)
- Health, Vision, Dental
- PTO & Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job #13347