Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a healthcare provider in Berkeley Heights, NJ to fill a Temporary Medical Transcriptionist position responsible for transcribing all reports necessary for comprehensive and single evaluations for inclusion in medical reports. This role requires a highly skilled and competent individual.
Essential Job functions:
· Transcribes original medical dictation through the application of the competencies specified in the categories of English language usage, technology and medical knowledge as appropriate.
Operates designated word processing, dictation, and transcription equipment.
· Recognizes, evaluates, and interprets inconsistencies, discrepancies, and inaccuracies in medical dictation and appropriately edits, revises, and clarifies them while transcribing without altering the meaning of the document or changing the dictators style.
· Proof reads and corrects transcribed medical reports.
· Demonstrates an understanding of the medicaVIegaI implications and responsibilities related to the transcription of patient records to protect the patient and the institution, including confidentiality, amendment of medical records, release of information, patients' rights, medical records as legal evidence, informed consent, etc.
- Adheres to the Standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- Other job duties as required.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivelent, one-year business school.
- One year transcribing experience.
- Word processing, type 60-70 words per minute, transcribe from Dictaphone.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Competitive salary and benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
LK #JD 14526