– Oversee all operational activities during the shifts for both technical and non-technical staff.
– Ensure all phases of work are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
– Manage the workload and productivity of the Microbiology staff to ensure published turnaround
times are met; provide coaching, as necessary.
– Assist in the hiring and training of new employees.
– Perform patient tests and analyses following established Microbiology procedures.
– Read cultures on assigned benches and perform biochemical testing.
– Set-up isolation, identification, and susceptibility testing of potential pathogens.
– Document results on worksheets.
– Read and report gram stains to assist in the diagnosis of disease.
– Using both automated and manual analytical methods to perform testing.
– Troubleshoot issues and complete corrective action as needed.
– Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
– Minimum 5 years of experience as a medical technologist in a clinical microbiology laboratory
– New York State Clinical Laboratory license (NYS)
– Experience in a high-volume clinical microbiology environment is required
– Prior supervisory experience is a plus
– Familiarity with ID and susceptibility test systems such as Roche, AmpliPrep TaqMan, BD
– ProbeTec, VersaTREK, Microscan Walkaway, etc.
– Strong working knowledge of pathogenic bacteria
– Understanding of laboratory operations as well as policies and procedures
– Excellent computer skills
– Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job ID: 11944