Do you want to be on the leading edge of innovation? Here is a chance to join a team that is leading the charge. We are working with a growing reference lab in Brooklyn, NY that provides a wide array of diagnostic testing through the use of the latest technology. They are constantly innovating and are in need of a Clinical Laboratory Technologist for the Microbiology Department.
- Adhere to established clinical laboratory policies in areas of procedures, methods, quality control, quality assurance, safety, compliance and personnel policies. Follow established procedures for the collection (including phlebotomy, as required) and processing of specimens for analysis including the appropriateness and stability of the sample. Perform qualitative and quantitative analytical procedures according to established protocols with precision and accuracy in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assume responsibility for first-line supervision of the section/department on a temporary basis as delegated.
- Conduct, direct or assist with test development and methodology/equipment evaluation, selection and implementation.
- Interact with all laboratory customers courteously and professionally; respond to telephone inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of techniques, principles, and instruments and their interrelationships as well as physiological conditions affecting test results.
- Operate and maintain equipment within the scope of training utilizing defined schedules and written instructions to perform quality control checks, preventive maintenance, and calibration. Perform minor repairs. Use reagents and supplies in a cost-effective manner; monitor and maintain an appropriate supply inventory.
- Recognize critical, abnormal and unacceptable test results and follow-up according to established protocols. Recognize factors that affect measurements and results and initiate the necessary corrective action according to established protocols. Identify problems with instrumentation, methodology, specimens, supplies, or results and take action as outlined in predetermined protocols.
- Train and orient new employees as applicable and as assigned.
Basic Preferred Profile:
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Technology from a program registered by the NYS Department of Education or Bachelor’s Degree in the major of biology, chemistry or physical sciences from an accredited college or university. One year experience in a clinical laboratory (Completion of an internship program at a qualified institution is acceptable). License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist by the State of New York based on the Special Provision of the Regulations of the Commissioner in accordance with the Clinical Laboratory Technology Practice Act.
- Required Licenses: Clinical Lab Technologist-NYS
- Proficient computer skills. ASCP registry preferred. Chemistry Experience.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including people with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TR Job ID: 11424