Microbiology Technologist MT/MLS
Charlotte, NC · Job ID: 10077 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for a Microbiology Technologist to join the 2nd shift testing team at a leading healthcare system in Charlotte, NC. Charlotte is one of the top ranking cities to live in according to residential real estate due to the quality of life and overall job market. Working hours will be 3:30p- 12am M-F with rotating weekends. In this position, you will be doing specialized testing in Mycology, Bacteriology, and parasitology in the Core Lab.
Performs laboratory analysis on received specimens, providing clinical information for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases. Responsible for overall quality, efficiency, and safety in the performance of assigned technical duties.
– Demonstrates proficiency and follows testing procedures and policies by adherence to quality assurance guidelines for equipment and work area, documenting corrective action to any non-conforming event.
– Prepares reagents, maintains an adequate supply of materials for test procedures and manages inventory to effectively reduce departmental waste/expense.
– Exercises clinical judgment in assessing priorities while identifying, problem-solving and offering solutions to test systems through the appropriate department channels, i.e. contacts hotline to troubleshoot with a specialist when necessary to resolve the issue or set-up service when appropriate.
– Assists with review and revision of procedures and documentation related to accreditation, adhering to all regulatory requirements for various authorities, including but not limited to CAP, TJC, OSHA.
– Maintains clear, real-time communications shift-to-shift and with leadership regarding issues, concerns, and problems which may affect patient care or the operation of the department.
– Participates in planning and implementing change through participation in staff meetings, task forces or projects.
– Participates in the competency assessment program, where qualified
– Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology
– MT (ASCP) or MLS(ASCP) or equivalent required.
– 1+ years of Microbiology experience
Salary and Benefits:
– $20-30/hour based on experience
– Merit pay increases
– 401k retirement savings plan, plus company match
– Full health, vision, and dental insurance plans
– Other Misc. Benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com