MLS / Operations Manager
Charlotte, NC · Job ID: 9710 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Lighthouse Lab Services is currently representing a large healthcare organization in Charlotte, NC that is currently looking for an Operations Manager for the Core Lab. Charlotte is a unique and perfectly situated city that not too far from the mountains and also a great distance from the ocean. Charlotte is great for families and foodies alike! If this area sounds like a place you would like to live, this is a great location for you.
This organization is one that cares about the community and has excellence in patient care as a core value and values employees as a resource and not a commodity. In this position, you will be joining the 2nd shift, 3:30p-12a, this position is Monday – Friday. If this position sounds right for you, please take a look at the below profile and let me know!
– Leads, supervises, administers, plans and supports the development and coordination of team member, process improvements, and support testing operations.
– Teaches and develops direct reports to perform roles.
– Attends daily huddles and weekly leader huddles.
– Supports the development of solutions for complex problems based on facts, observations, experience and judgment. Escalates problems as needed. Coaches and develops direct reports to lead problem-solving activities.
– Ensures the quality of testing throughout the Core Lab. Ensures quality issues are investigated and countermeasures are implemented to prevent reoccurrence. Ensures abnormal conditions or quality issues are documented and reported.
– Ensures continuous effort to identify sources of waste and develops plans to eliminate sources of waste.
– Provides input on the development of a long-range strategic plan relative to services, programs, human resources, capital needs and other resource requirements.
– Provides input to annual operations plan with departmental goals, dashboards, key activities, timelines, and resource requirements. Ensures input is clearly defined and understood by all team members and stakeholders.
– Works with the Core lab leadership to develop and implement annual operating and capital budgets.
– Ensures that the Core Lab is adequately staffed and managed during off shifts. Coordinates with Human Resources on a continual basis on plans to meet future volume and service requirements.
– Recruits, interviews, and selects Group Leaders, Team Leaders, and other team members.
– Evaluates and counsels direct reports and team members relative to performance, conduct, attendance, and adherence to Core Lab policies and procedures.
– Develops a succession plan for each level of Core Lab team members and leadership.
– Ensures all requirements of applicable regulatory agencies (federal, state, local) are satisfied at all times.
– Supports the activities of the Core Lab Director and provide leadership coverage when the Director is not present.
– Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology, Business, Manufacturing, or related field required; Master's Degree in Health Administration, Business, Science or another related field is preferred.
– 3+ years of relevant leadership experience required; Group Leader and Team Leader experience also counts as leadership experience.
– Demonstrated track record of achieving results.
– ASCP or Equivilant related certification
Salary and Benefits
– Competitive salary based on experience
– Full Benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MG Job ID: 9710