When you think of a great employer, what comes to mind? Ping pong tables? Unlimited food and drinks? Those things are cool and all, but what really sets the great companies apart from the less great companies is their strong sense of purpose (or your WHY if you prefer the Simon Sinek verbiage).
Lighthouse Lab Services has the distinct pleasure of partnering with a laboratory who treats its employees like family. A family united around the core purpose of improving the lives of organ transplant patients. We actually had the chance to visit them last month and we could tell they were excited about what they were doing and what they were pursuing.
This molecular laboratory is at the forefront of organ transplant surveillance solutions and they're based in the South San Francisco area. They're looking for a Molecular CLS / Clinical Laboratory Scientist to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join a patient-focused laboratory (again, with an employee-focused environment) who is a leader in its field. Joining this company, you would be a pivotal part of the organization, its growth, and the betterment of transplant patients.
A note about transplant patients: it's a rough life even after they've received a new kidney or heart or lung. They take anti-rejection drugs to make sure the the organ they painstakingly went under the knife for actually works for them. And those anti-rejection jokes are no joke. They wreck your immune system and are all around no fun at all as they take their toll on patients. But THIS lab, this lab is working to improve the lives of those patients.
Think you're up for this sort of work? We'd love to hear from you.
– Publicly traded
– Headquartered about 30 minutes south of San Francisco
– Family feel among employees
– Lab building overlooks a field of horses and the SF Bay
How The Company Values and Appreciates Employees
– Competitive Pay Rates (based on experience)
– Shift Differential available
– Annual Bonus Potential
– GENEROUS SIGN-ON BONUS POTENTIAL
– Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
– Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
– Commuter Accounts
– 401(k) match
– Stock Options
– 3 weeks of vacation
– 5 days sick leave
– 1 personal floating holiday
– 9 paid holidays
– gym reimbursement
– yoga onsite
– ping pong and foosball
– social hours and more!
Your Role Within the Company:
You — as a Clinical Lab Scientist — are immensely important to the laboratory. Your work will benefit outcomes for transplant patients by providing lab data that can dramatically improve their future. You'll be working alongside other CLS's, Sample Processors and other departments to improve the day to day lives of transplant patients fighting rejection.
South San Francisco is located just about 30 minutes from San Francisco proper and is an easy train ride into the city. It's also 40 minutes from Palo Alto and a little over an hour from San Jose. Surrounding towns such as Millbrae, San Bruno and Brisbane also provide other options for housing and food. The entire area appeals to many with its proximity to the city and it's certainly an exciting place to be.
– Wed-Sat: 9pm-7:30am
– Tues-Sat: 12pm-8:30pm
– Tues-Sat: 6pm-2:30am
– Have a CA License as a CLS Generalist or a CGMBS license
– Bachelor's Degree in a biology-related science
– Experience performing high-complexity testing in a clinical laboratory
– 5-6 years of experience are highly preferred for the Evening and Night shift roles
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
– Demonstrated analytical skills, including working with databases and Excel
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels as well as customers and vendors.
– Demonstrated proficiency in the performance of molecular testing techniques (PCR, real-time PCR, etc.) is highly desirable
– Experience in immunology, microbiology or related fields is preferred
– Demonstrated understanding of a disease with complex treatment algorithms highly desired
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job #11384