Molecular CLS Clinical Laboratory Scientist
San Francisco, CA · Job ID: 9626 · · Industry: Molecular
Are you a clinical lab scientist or clinical molecular biologist looking to join a company with all of the bells and whistles of the best San Francisco tech companies? Do you want to be at the forefront of molecular testing and be well compensated for it?
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a top-of-the-line molecular laboratory company at the cutting edge of molecular and NGS testing in the South San Francisco area. This laboratory is looking for Clinical Laboratory Scientists to work any shift for several different departments. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join an innovation-focused laboratory that is a leader in its field. Joining this company, you would be a pivotal part of the organization and its growth.
You should only apply to this role if you are a registered Clinical Laboratory Scientist or Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist in the state of California (MTA) and motivated to get into Molecular testing.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Handle and process patient samples, analyze test results, prepare reports and maintain records of test results.
- May be required to accession samples into the laboratory information management system (LIMS) to facilitate sample throughput.
- Comply with quality control policies and document QC activities including instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance.
- Maintain confidentiality of personal health information (PHI).
- Identify problems that may affect test performance or results and, following established protocols, correct problems or escalate to Clinical Laboratory Manager, technical supervisor, clinical consultant or lab director.
- Identify test systems that deviate from acceptable performance specifications and follow established policies and procedures to correct operation.
- Document corrective actions are taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
- Participate in the development and validation of new, complex assays and technology transfer and interactions with other groups.
- Participate in drafting and developing standard operating procedures for tasks in which proficiency has been demonstrated.
- Represent the Reference lab testing, quality control and quality assurance program in interactions with other groups.
If this sounds appealing to you, and you possess the below qualifications, we would love to hear from you!
- CA License as a CLS or CGMBS required
- BS/BA in a biology-related science
- Experience performing high-complexity testing in a clinical laboratory preferred, but NEW GRADS SHOULD APPLY AND WILL BE CONSIDERED!
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including working with databases and Excel
Benefits & Perks:
Sign on bonus for new hires of $10,000 with a one-year commitment!
Competitive hourly base salary
Top-of-the-line health insurance, short and long term disability, and a flexible account to assist with childcare.
Catered lunch 3x per week
Gym Membership, Discounted Event Tickets, Pet Insurance
- Onsite Laundry and Massage!
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KW Job ID# 9626