Molecular Genetic Laboratory Supervisor
Pasadena, CA · Job ID: 9844 · · Industry: Molecular
A mid-sized but growing urine toxicology laboratory in Pasadena, CA is looking for a Molecular Laboratory Manager to help manage a molecular and pharmacogenetics laboratory division. This position will oversee the growth, and productivity for the molecular testing department with the understanding that this market stands to thrive significantly in the coming years. The ideal candidate is a motivated and ready to manage a department of clinical laboratory staff with a combination of administrative and bench work. We are looking for someone with a molecular biology / pathology and pharmacogenetics background who would be capable and unafraid of rolling up their sleeves alongside clinical staff when necessary.
For the right candidate, this laboratory offers excellent growth potential only capped by the ambition of its leadership. This lab is also in an ideal location for many different personality types – from lovers of the outdoors to those who prefer city life in nearby Los Angeles.
- Assume primary accountability for providing high quality genetic testing service
- Supervise the sample processing and testing process
- QC all testing results to ensure data accuracy
- Ensure maintenance of all testing records and protocols according to COLA regulation
- Perform routing QA analysis to ensure the testing system is function as expected
- Manage the proficiency tests
- Update and improve SOPs to improve the testing process
- Perform trouble shooting when problem occurs
- Provide routine status reports
- Train team members
Manage the budget and lab supplies to reduce the cost and ensure sufficient lab supplies on hand for production at all time
- BS in Molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, genetics, or similar
- Master's degree preferred but not required
- California CLS or CGMBS certification
- 3+ years experience working in a genetic testing service laboratory
Salary: $90,000 – $110,000
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BK Job ID: 9844