Lighthouse Lab Services is partnered with a premier lab in Louisville, KY who is in need of an experienced molecular lab manager to lead their team into the future. This person will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a molecular lab consisting of a team of 12. The focus of this lab currently is COVID-19 testing, but after covid dies down, the lab will go back to focusing on genomics.
This is an excellent opportunity to hone your leadership skills in an environment that provides many different avenues for upward mobility. There are openings for 2nd and 3rd shift with the option to move to day shift.
Essential Job Duties:
– Manages operational performance of the CLIA and CAP accredited laboratory.
– Reports daily KPIs.
– Demonstrate a high level of initiative while interacting positively with all staff and managements.
– Exhibit leadership, independent problem solving, and strong decision making skills.
– Maintain a laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orientating, and training employees as necessary.
– Implement lean manufacturing principles and improve efficiency over time and value stream mapping.
– Monitor and maintain employee performance by coaching, rewarding, and disciplining employees in order to maximize operational efficiency.
– Manage personnel resources, schedules, overtime, and vacation time, in addition to performance, to ensure timely turnaround of product while effectively managing material resources.
– Ensure important day to day activities are monitored and managed while clearly communicating the daily priorities and goals to all staff.
– Ensure all lab processes are carried out following the established in house methods and deviations are documented and communicated. Investigate to determine the cause of non-conformances that are identified, determine and implement corrective action; and follow-up to ensure that the corrective action resolved the problem.
– Support purchasing department to assist in cost control and consumables.
– Support the Customer Service team and customers by providing information about manufacturing related questions and order inquiries.
– Work closely with Shift Team Leaders and all departments to ensure smooth and effective communication flow and hands-off's.
– Troubleshoot equipment/instruments failures and performs minor repairs. Coordinate major instrument repairs with repair person(s). Establish and implement procedures to ensure that assigned equipment is properly cleaned, calibrated/standardized, and is in good working order. This includes maintaining equipment operating instructions, manuals, and required logbooks.
– Maintain and enforce a neat, clean, organized working environment.
– Train and document the training of assigned technical staff on test methods, formal SOPs, regulations, ISO requirements, and laboratory policies/procedures applicable to area of responsibility.
– Ensure the adaption of the workflow with automation to reduce manual workload and increase efficiency.
– Manage the production implementation of tested and established R&D processes.
– Support the development and implementation of the new production LIMS program.
Must qualify to be a supervisor in a CLIA laboratory. Candidates must meet 1 of these 3 combinations
- PhD in a chemical, physical or biological science + 2 years of experience in a CLIA accredited clinical laboratory in molecular
- Master’s degree in a chemical, physical or biological science + 3 years of experience in a CLIA accredited clinical laboratory, 2 of which must be in molecular
- Medical technologist or BA degree in chemical, physical or biological sciences + 4 years of experience in a CLIA accredited clinical laboratory, 2 of which must be in molecular
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
-Able to work first, second, or third shift depending on the need.
-Business degree (M.B.A) or business experience in addition to scientific degree / experience
-2+ year lab supply chain management and process implementation
-2+ year project management experience (PMP preferred)
-2+ year operations analytics / business intelligence experience
-Experience leading teams in a GxP compliant laboratory
-Experience in business development, sales, and customer service, supporting technical presentations and proposals to internal/external clients
-Experience leading employee health and safety programs
-Proven experience with method development and portfolio creation in an industry setting
-Experience managing large scientific teams in a laboratory environment
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
-10+ year broad academic or industry laboratory experience
-5+ year operations management experience
-5+ year human resources management experience
-3+ year quality operations management experience
-3+ year forecasting/budgeting/P&L management experience
-3+ year Lean/5S or operations excellence and improvement leadership Minimum of B.A./B.S.
-Biology or Chemistry degree with at least 5 years management experience
-M.S. or Ph.D. preferred, but at least 5 years demonstrated management experience is required
-Salary of $65k-85k DOE
-Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
-Life and disability insurance
-401(k) with company match
-Paid vacation and holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 15 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TR Job ID #12962