Lighthouse Lab Services and has partnered with an innovative company offering COVID-19 testing and vaccine access on the go! This company is deploying mobile units across the US to travel to underserved or populated communities to provide easy access to testing and vaccinations.
The mobile units are self-contained trailers deployed for a range of applications, bringing advanced capabilities where existing infrastructure is insufficient or unavailable. These mobile facilities are positioned with complex control environments, allowing for safe laboratory services on the go!
*The units will travel locally to different hospitals, outpatient centers, and surgery centers.
More info about the units:
- Fully self-contained cGMP Facilities
- Available as an open cleanroom or with specific zones for aseptic processes or containment
- Units can be hooked up to existing building connections (shore power) or function independently with on-board generators and water tanks
- Trailers can be installed in warehouse/shell buildings for extended deployments
- Can be easily moved to the site or region where it is needed
- 53’ ft. (16 meter) long trailers have optional slide-out walls to increase interior space
- Engineered and configured for any required standards including: FDA cGMP, USP, Biocontainment up to BSL-3; Cleanroom up to Grade A.
As Lab Manager, you'll be responsible for day-to-day oversight of the laboratory, testing, and the personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the daily operations of assigned laboratory personnel to ensure that specimens are properly shipped and received, tests are performed accurately and efficiently, and results are reported in a timely manner.
- Perform pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical test process and evaluate results produced relative to the diagnostic assessment.
- Evaluate data for accuracy and verify any questionable finding with proper documentation, thorough investigation, and appropriate follow-through: ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance (quality controls) are maintained through the testing process and that patient results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and test system is functioning properly.
- Assist with designing processes and procedures to ensure efficient turn-around time and accuracy of results.
- Prepare and manage laboratory budget.
- Coach and mentor staff on technical expertise, identify training needs, assure that technical staff receive regular in-service training and education appropriate for the type of tasks performed and evaluate employee competency.
- Engage in continuous process and service improvement. Make and implement recommendations to improve operational efficiency, and accuracy of results
- Ensure safety and security in the work environment related to all daily activities, and immediately address any potential safety hazards.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements.
- Assist in maintaining regulatory agency standards and regulations.
Performing bench work and other duties as required including shift work.
Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science
- LIS experience
- 5+ year of previous management experience
- 4+ years of experience in a molecular clinical laboratory preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- $72000 or commensurate with experience
- Health, Vision, Dental
- Profit-sharing model
- PTO and holidays
- Company credit card for travel expenses
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KH Job # 13073