Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for a Molecular Laboratory Director to join their laboratory consulting team internally as a full-time, W-2 employee. The selected candidate will manage new and existing molecular laboratory projects for clients all over the US, including genetic testing, infectious disease testing, etc.
The Lab Director and Technical Consultant is responsible for setting up the technical operations for the Company’s laboratory consulting business under the direction of the Chief Consulting Officer. In this role, the incumbent will serve as the CLIA Lab Director of Record and/or the Technical Consultant for the Company’s client laboratories and will work in conjunction with Clients to ensure the laboratory build-out within projected timelines. The incumbent will contribute to general consulting efforts including equipment recommendations, laboratory build-out and design, provide standard operating procedures, developing test menus, applicable method development, validation of instrumentation, overseeing correlation and specimen stability studies, answering client questions, effectively channeling and resolving instrumentation and other laboratory issues, providing support to client physicians, and advancing the Company’s efforts to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The incumbent will stay updated on technological advances and industry trends and will advise the organization in scientific matters and will be expected to maintain such certifications from a nationally-recognized certification agencies as are required to serve providing the incumbent with qualifications sufficient to serve as a High Complexity CLIA Lab Director, Clinical Consultant, and/or Technical Supervisor roles, as assigned, as defined by CLIA and state law analogs.
What You'll Be Doing:
– Lab Director will reserve on the license and serve as the CLIA Lab Director of record for up to 5 laboratories as assigned by the Company.
– Accepts and completes consulting projects and task management from the Chief Consulting Officer.
– Communicates with clients to offer recommendations of instrumentation and test menu.
– Work in conjunction with instrument manufacturers to plan layout and design on laboratory space, validation of instrumentation, general and technical standard operating procedures.
– Ensures laboratory has set up proficiency testing systems and other CLIA regulated requirements.
– Completes documentation and record-keeping requirements and assignments.
– Identifies areas for improvement and manages process improvement initiatives under the supervision of the Chief Consulting Officer and other management team members.
– Prepares client laboratories for initial surveys and inspections by accrediting and licensing bodies or agencies.
– Travels to make in-person visits to client laboratories to set up instrumentation as assigned.
– Contributes to resolution of troubleshooting and advises on routine maintenance and repairs best practices.
– Promptly responds to communications from clients and helps to resolve issues and questions.
– Focuses and supports team-oriented approach with high-level communication.
– Assists clients with other tasks, projects and duties as needed.
– Executes proactive, strategic project management, planning, and organization.
– Continuously develops subject-matter expertise and ensures adherence to all applicable laws and regulations together with CLIA, COLA, and CAP rules, requirements, and regulations.
– Ensures adherence to all State and Federal laws, guidelines and regulations including compliance with CLIA and CAP regulations.
– Maintain HIPAA requirements at all times.
– Adheres specifically to all company policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws.
– Performs other duties as directed.
* This position may require overnight travel with traveling up to 30% of the time.
– Salary and bonus
– Full Benefits
The qualification for a laboratory director of high-complexity testing is that the laboratory director must hold an earned doctoral degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science from an accredited institution and be certified and continue to be certified by a board approved by HHS. The ideal candidate will possess one of the following board certifications:
1. ABB – American Board of Bioanalysis
2. ABCC – American Board of Clinical Chemistry in Molecular Diagnostics
3. ABMGG – American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (previously ABMG, which is also acceptable)
Must be board certified in Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology (ABP); preference given to individuals who are dual board certified in both Clinical Pathology and Molecular Genetic Pathology. Bonus if the candidate is also board certified in Anatomic Pathology as well. The ideal MD candidate possess both North Carolina and multiple other unrestricted state medical licenses.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job # 11694